I am proud to share that my second book with ALA Editions is now available! Stories, Songs, and Stretches: Creating Playful Storytimes with Yoga and Movement is a thorough guide to the use of simple, child-friendly yoga in preschool storytime programs. It includes:
- Introduction to yoga and clarification of yoga myths
- Explanation of differences between yoga storytimes and children’s yoga classes
- Thoroughly researched information on the benefits of yoga and movement to preschool age children, focusing on physical, social-emotional, and early literacy development
- Complete guidance on how to select and use materials to facilitate the use of yoga and movement in the storytime setting
- Detailed descriptions of more than forty poses and variations appropriate for preschool children
- A dozen ready-to-use yoga storytime program plans
- An extensive list of books, music, and online resources to aid your future program planning
No prior yoga experience is necessary to begin implementing yoga and movement in your preschool storytime or circle time programs!
Contact me for more information about the book, for information on training for your staff, or to schedule yoga programs in your venue.